Learn the basic of freelancing
Freelancing has been gaining a foothold in the global work force. Today, there are 53 Million freelancers in the US, making up 34% of the national workforce, and a 14% increase in those who work remotely in the UK. Freelancing websites make it easier for employers and employees to get jobs and communicate with each other.
In this week's edition of Five Tips Tuesday, we give you tips and tricks on how to switch from your day job to a successful career in freelancing.
1. Inspiration --- Karl Aguilar is a freelance writer and researcher from Manila, Philippines. Tired of the heavy traffic and the stagnation of the corporate world, he was one of the many who dream of working at the comforts of their own home. Here's the story of how he took the leap and made the switch from the corporate world to freelancing. Read on here.
2. Learning Tools ---Freelancing is great! Most of the time you have control over what you do and who you deal with. But freelancing doesn't come without setbacks, especially when dealing with clients over pricing and contracts. Here are some tips on how you can actually make a living while freelancing. Because you know, at the end of the day, bills need to be paid.
3. Creativity --- We all have this idea that creativity is a gift. Although there are people born with genius abilities, being creative can be learned. The creative process isn't called a process for nothing. Jon Westenberg, writer, creative and digital evangelist, lists how our misconceptions could destroy creativity and what could be done to help your creativity flow.
4. Take the Leap --- Thinking of starting your own freelance business, but don't know where to start? Ardelia Lee shows us the step-by-step guide on how to build your own freelance business, from determining your target niche to creating your own website. She also shares tips on determining payment policies as well as what to include in your contracts. Check it out here.
5. Productivity --- For neophyte freelancers, being on your own can be overwhelming. With the freedom to do what you want in your own time, it's easy to get side tracked with all the distractions around you. Here are five effective tips to make sure you get things done and then some.
Join the movement
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly